Sunday 19 May 2013

Spreadsheet as a Learning Resource



Reflection on Activity 7

 Reflecting on this activity, I can state that a significant amount of information was gleaned. In the activity I observed that the teacher presented information that the student (Nicole) was aware of, as a result the student (Nicole) was able to make connections with what was required for the designing of the crafts. Might I add that one of the key components for effective teaching is to assist students in making connections with what is being taught and what they already know.

Throughout the duration of the lesson the teacher acted as a facilitator and was able to help the student grasp the development of knowledge as a process rather than a product. I was inspired by the student centred classroom created by the teacher so the child was quite interactive and expressive which of course aided in her understanding of the Microsoft Excel.

This case study acted as a motivator for me because initially I thought that transferring my knowledge of Microsoft Excel would have been an uphill task, but because this teacher was able to present this lesson in a stimulating and student friendly way I am intrigued to apply a similar method to ensure my students grasp the concepts

No comments:

Post a Comment