Tuesday 18 March 2014

Module 1: Activity 10 Promoting Discussion





Promoting Discussion
The readings for this module focused on the value of discussion a strategy for promoting learning among our students. It points to the importance of Language in the cognitive development of our learners. Both Piaget and Vygotsky made reference to the value of language in this regard. Therefore, when my students engage in discussion, the experience provides them with the opportunity to articulate their thoughts, enabling them to think abstractly and thereby improving their thinking capability. Knowing the value of discussion as a teacher, I seek to engage my students in discussions as often as I possibly can whether formal or informal.

My thoughts on my experiences with the discussion activities
Coming out of the discussion, I was able to learn more about ways in which I can preserve the environment. Additionally, I have a greater appreciation for the way students portray their talents and the need for me to pay careful attention to the composition of group as this has implications for the success or failure of the group. I have concluded that I have to create greater avenues for students to express their talents and abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment