Monday 21 April 2014

Module 5 Activity 1: Reflection on the value of Social Bookmarking

While I am not entirely new to book marking, I am new to social bookmarking. In order to set up my account, I would have listened and viewed the tutor's presentation which was helpful in that the regard. I however encountered difficulty in actually bookmarking a page. I found this rather frustrating. I eventually got the hang of it with some online help. Downloading and installing the Diigo toolbar proved very helpful to me. With practice, I would eventually get better at bookmarking with Diigo.

What I have discovered from going through the help page, and bookmarking a few pages is that my online resources can be organized into lists or groups which makes saving and retrieving information easier. Diigo or should I say social bookmarking also makes it possible for us educators not only to store, manage and search online resources with minimal effort, it also allow us to share resources. This is perhaps the most important advantage of social bookmarking. The sharing of bookmarked resources with colleagues can help to improve our practice in the classroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment